Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unemployment

This video may give some insight about true unemployment figures. Watch it for a wake up call but read under for solutions.


Not doubting that the unemployment pains in America and across the world in most place are serious. In fact, the pains problem may be more serious than we are lead to believe if we take the numbers reported seriously. While many would take offense, I can see it also being a double edge sword to report the truth.

It is sad but true that we are too easily swayed by media reporting. We let it affect our minds and determine our moods and guide our actions. If people really heard the extent of the unemployment problems the way things are reported, there probably would be an epidemic of depression and robberies. The feelings of hopelessness would spread across the Earth. (I mean worse!)

The messages from experts, news, officials, etc should include the fact that people MUST think outside of the box and look for other than the traditional positions they once held. You MUST get cross trained in other areas. Technology, the green movement, aging population, the flee from the financial during the bubble events, are creating new opportunities for people. These opportunities are not just to be employees but entrepreneurs and small business owners.

For many it will require additional training, for many who are suffering there are ways to get the training for free. The training in many cases are less than a year.
There is opportunity out there for the people who spend more time searching and seeking to improve their marketability. The opportunity is for people who pay attention to the changes that are being made and adapting by getting the training they need to be qualified to new growth sectors of employment. (Green Energy, Many medical tech positions, Computer Tech, Social Marketing, Network Security, etc)

But also there are opportunities in other traditional areas, boilermakers, plumbers, welders, for example. People are just listening to the reports, new stories, and other media and closing their eyes from fear (or pain). I feel for you, but no one, NO ONE, NO ONE can do most of the things that needs to be done in your lives in order to get on track.

You MUST look at life differently and be proactive to prepare and qualify for the current and upcoming changes.

So part of what these stories need to run over and over and over again, is what I am saying to you right now. Find training that is geared toward new opportunities and you began rising above the unemployment numbers. Now I am not even going to say anything about online opportunities to make money because a lot of people will believe that is unreal, yet they will spend hours online goofing off.

However, there also must be a new overall attitude. Laziness, something for nothing, poor performance, carelessness, and other negative attributes that I have seen over and over and over again in the workplace, beside me and at companies that I deliver to as a truck driver has to go. You just can't do it that way anymore.
The times have finally caught up to that segment of the populations. Obviously the higher the unemployment the more employable will be employed. Now if that means you have problems because of your past criminal, or employment background. Don't worry, no excuses there are plenty of opportunities for you too. you just have to intentionally go in a direction that offers you the ability to be an independent contractor of small business owner. Plenty are out there. SEARCH.

You might even have to work for a few weeks for free, (this means you too college grads) just to get your feet in and show that you can be an asset to a company. Hey are you going to seize ever opportunity to win or will you dismiss those you rather not do because of pride. Sacrifices sometimes make the best investment. But that is your decision. I will tell you this, think outside of the box and look at the big picture. Someone out there is willing to go far and beyond what others will do to get that job. You going to be like everyone else or stand out and get the job?

In any case don't think I am bashing, I am simply trying to help you by creating an awareness of a need to change the mindset. The reports may or may not be accurate, the may or may not mean well, they may or may not be true. The DO NOT dictate how you life (future) will turn out. They are a reflection of the pain now.

YOU have control over tomorrow. We all experience pains. And I can't say I face what you face. I know that. But guess what, feeling sorry for yourself or dwelling on the unfairness of life will not be what gets you back on your feet.

Being truthful about how qualified you are to participate in the new job market and taking the steps needed to step that up will help you eventually. I can't give you fairy tale answers about how to erase the pain or eat tomorrow as far as that goes. I wish I could. I can tell you with certainty as I have what needs to happen so you don't stay hungry, homeless, or hopeless.

Be persistent in your pursuits, get qualified for new opportunities, have a positive attitude, think outside of the box, over perform when given a chance, embrace change instead of complaining, find something positive to say about your life today say it at least every morning and night before you sleep and follow with "and things will only get better for me."

I wish you the best of luck and I didn't take the time to write all of this because I am mean. I feel it's what you need to hear instead of the mess you keep hearing.
I want to see you take positive steps in the right direction with the right attitude because if you let the reports sink into your head, you are likely to be left motionless.

Don't let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment